Job Number: 872499
Pay Rate: $19.00/hour
Do you love to work with your hands?
We' ve got a great opportunity for a maintenance technician at an exciting and fun distribution center.
What is this job about?
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Respond promptly whether need comes from a safety, predictive, or unplanned situation to support the achievement of the site' s business goals and objectives. Proactively diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical problems through observations, listening, and discussions with machine operators, supervisors.
Your duties will be
- Ensures the Maintenance Department supports the needs of production by keeping all production and facility equipment in proper working condition.
- Perform diagnostic evaluation on electrical and mechanical equipment and make repairs when needed.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills (mechanical, electrical, and process) with demonstrated and proven experience and background.
- Strong mechanical aptitude Being able to take apart an engine, knowing all parts, what their purpose is, and how to put it back together with it working properly
- Basic electrical knowledge looking at a meter and being able to know if it is working properly, knowing if something is on or off.
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance issues include pump systems, plumbing, and air compressors.
This is what we need from you:
- HS Diploma or GED required; Two year technical degree or currently enrolled in a two year technical degree program preferred
- 2-5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Possess basic electrical skills including motor control, electrical distribution, and machinery installation along with mechanical skills such as repairing and maintaining manufacturing and equipment preferred
- Can work independently and multitask in fast paced environment
- Must be self-directed to complete planned and unplanned tasks.
- Long term assignments.
- Variety of shifts to fit your lifestyle needs. (2nd shift available as well)
- High level of respect for the workforce. Partner believes in rewarding employees for a job well done.
South Charlotte area, around Westinghouse Blvd. Work Monday through Friday (Some weekends required) on a Morning or Afternoon shift with overtime opportunities.
Rely Workforce Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All applicants that qualify will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.